Not done an update in a few days, sorry about that #Stalkers. I’ve been sorting my life out.
So Basically a re-cap:
- Monday: A company (I say “A” not “The” because its not the one I worked for – but they seem to be calling all the shots) decided to tell us they are making cuts because “The Other” (again, not the one I worked for) Company’s sales team haven’t been doing so great and our company’s IT is at the end of the food chain. And then promptly sent ITSS home. 😤
- Tuesday: Came in for a One-on-One consultation about our current status. Mine was “At Risk” due to some very ropey scoring system. They offered me a look at the current positions, emailed me my interest and moved the goalposts in the email. Rang my Agent. 🤨
- Wednesday: got a lead on a 75k remote admin job. Also got A chance to reflect on their decision. Oh I did a lot of reflecting believe me – Remember, I’m a pro-Troubleshooter, I will ALWAYS find out what I need to, eventually. 🧐
- Thursday: Went into another “consultation” to basically pick up my official redundancy letter with a figure for severance. Asked for a good reference, the MD offered a personal reference for jobs I apply for, and gave me his number – For which I would like it noted I am grateful. Then I Questioned the planned maintenance Overtime I did last week – to which they questioned my planned maintenance Overtime allowance before being paid. 🤔
- Friday: Sorted my life out.! – Prepared and setup my Job-seeking tasks for the remainder of the time I’m unemployed. (Thanks for the Guidance, Laurence)
And thats very much what happened this week.
I met up with my old boss, Laurence, who was kind enough to go though some Job seeking tips with me. I’m Very grateful for that, and I’ve currently finished setting everything up for the long haul of job seeking.
Spent the morning on the phone to another Agent.
Went to #Bluewater for lunch.
Applied for some jobs.